Monday, September 22, 2014

From Black Frames to White Frames

It's a small change, but I painted the frames in our family room white. I don't know why, but the black was starting to feel heavy. I think the white ties in more with the trim and looks better with the new couch. Overall, I think it makes the whole room feel a little lighter and brighter!


 
The fact I liked the room better with NO prints rather than the black framed prints was a clear sign to me I was on the right track.


It took two cans of this Rustoleum spray paint to get the frames fully coated.




I still need to raise the prints a few more inches, since the back of the new couch is much higher than the back of the old one. However, with our plaster walls, anchoring those darn hooks is a pain in the you-know-what, so I'm procrastinating :)

As you can see, we also have been pushing the coffee table over against the window so Miles can have the whole carpet to play! His current favorite thing to do is roll from one end to the other, usually in pursuit of the dog (his best friend).

2 comments:

 
01 09 10