Friday, December 16, 2011

Office Makeover - Desk Update!

Remember my plan for my office makeover I posted about here? WELL, it is VERY slowly (but surely!) coming along. The biggest piece of the room, the DESK, is now in place!



And I'm very proud to say - I made the desk MYSELF!! :) 
(with the help of my awesome dad, of course!)


We had the major cuts done at Home Depot...


But some of them I did myself :)


I brought it home to make sure it fit!
(I planned the dimensions of the desk in order for it to fit perfectly in this space!)


And primed and painted.. I decided to paint it black to seamlessly match my bookshelves :)


Now I just need to finish decorating the rest of the room!


I LOVE how it turned out! :)
Not to mention the total cost of the desk was less than $75!! woo hoo!

I will post more updates on this room in the near future!

6 comments:

  1. wow your dad is awesome
    and so is your desk
    I love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! Gorgeous desk and way to go building yourself! My dad and I build things together often, and I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful desk. You will always have great memories when you look at what you and your dad built. You look like a pro cutting the wood with the saw, and smart girl wearing safety glasses!!
    I also love the detail your dad used to hide the screws very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You MADE this?! I am so impressed, Sara! As someone who is currently searching for a desk, I wish I had the know-how to put one together from scratch with the look I'm going for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara! Your blog is fantastic. My husband and I have been on the hunt for a new desk for our office since we moved in two years ago. As of now, I have to look at my husbands hideous drafting table that he no longer uses. So I was curious to know if you and your father designed this desk with your own measurement or did you find a plan. Would you mind sharing? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos for crafting a beautiful desk! Hard work and determination can definitely give you the best office. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10