Monday, August 13, 2012

An explanation for the pain...

My sickness went from bad to worse today.. I woke up from a nap and my throat was so swollen I could barely breathe.. I called my doctor and told her my symptoms, and she sent me straight to the ER :(


After lots of tests and a CT scan, they discovered an abscess on the back of my throat, hence all the swelling and soreness and miserableness the last few weeks. The good news its that the abscess isn't actually blocking my throat, it is just making my throat swollen so they gave me some meds and sent me home. So relieved to be breathing (almost) normally again..

The bad news is that have to see an ENT tomorrow for a biposy and honestly, I'm scared :(  They walked through the potential possibilities of what the abscess is and how to treat it, and I cannot even bring myself to type them out... :(

Between the exhaustion and frustration with being sick for so long, the stress of the house being completely turned upside down, and how worried I am now about what's to come, I am just such a mess :(

Prayers would be so much appreciated

7 comments:

  1. oh my dear Sara...prayers without ceasing for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending well wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gracious ... know that you have a lot of people thinking about you! Sending a big hug your way. Email me if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers coming your way from New York.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers and lots of hugs being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear this! Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10